The Driving and Logistics sector is complex and complicated which is why flexible workforce management can be such a challenge.
To begin there’s a general shortage of LGV drivers in the UK. This situation will become more acute in September 2014 when all LGV drivers will be required to complete the Certificate of Professional Competence.
With nearly a fifth of drivers over the age of 60, age has also become a major concern. On top of this, the sector is one of the most tightly regulated in this country, making compliance and risk management essential issues.
At Temp Station we work closely with our clients and candidates to encourage and develop the young driver schemes.
Flexibility and cost is key in today’s transport industry. The ability to respond quickly to fluctuations, demands a flexible workforce within budgetary requirements. We at Temp Station have extensive knowledge of the Transport Industry and understand the financial constraints, which is why we operate an “Open Book Pricing Policy” therefore everything is transparent to our clients.
Our recruitment process is founded by best practice and includes the following elements. Please note that this process is flexible to incorporate any specific assessment, screening and specific contract requirements you may have.
- Skills / experience match (including curtain side, box bodies, refrigerated, flat beds, tail lifts, containers, demounts)
- Pre-screen telephone interview
- Registration, including
- Registration form completed and uploaded onto database
- Right to work checks (including formal documentation validation)
- Proof of National Insurance
- Referencing (minimum of two years)
- Criminal Record Declaration
- Drivers declaration relating to all traffic and parking offenses
- DVLA Licence / CPC checks
- Validation of qualifications (including LGV C+E, LGV C, 7.5t, 3.5t, ADR, Hiab / Crane, Tipper, Moffett, Roll on Roll offs, Dustcart, Wagon and Drag)
- Testing and assessment
- LGV Competence Assessment
- RTD Competence Assessment
- Highway code test
- Vehicle Safety test
- Digital Tacho test
- Manual handling / Health & Safety test
Quality of Supply: Clear identification of client skill and competence requirements
Cost Efficiency: Highly competitive and transparent pricing through our “open Book Policy”
Quality of Service: Attention to detail and being prepared at all times to “go the extra mile”