NEW JOB ALERT – TRANSPORT PLANNER
Temp Station are excited to announce we have a fantastic opportunity for you to join our client’s team who are an international freight forwarding company as a Transport Planner, based in Normanton West Yorkshire.
Description of the overall and essential areas of responsibility in the position, listed:
- To plan radial vehicles day to day in most efficient way.
- Sub- contract out of area C&D’s in the most efficient way.
- Check driver locations using trackers and phone.
- Assist with enquiries from UK & overseas colleagues, subcontractors and drivers in a timely effective manner.
- Book trailers onto ferries.
- Manage trailer allocations.
- Internal invoicing.
- Approving external invoices.
- Internal administration of trailer hire.
- To book vehicles daily with suppliers.
- Provide comprehensive & up to date job lists for all the drivers.
- Adhere to all legal requirements and company rules.
- Work in accordance with the CSR policy and procedures as relevant to the job role.
- This list is not exhaustive and you may be asked to carry out other activities within your capabilities.
Description of the specific job tasks that the holder of the position is responsible for – linked to the overall areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for managing our drivers & equipment ensuring timely collections & deliveries throughout the UK.
Description of preferred educational background
- GCSE in Maths and English
Description of technical skills/competencies needed in the position.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office.
- Good communication & customer service skills.
- Some experience from a similar environment preferred.
- Extensive working knowledge of UK road network and geographical areas.
- Ability to work under pressure & cope during high volume peaks.
- Good team player with ability to work on individual tasks.
- Ambitious with a view to progress within the company
Description of preferred personal competencies/ behaviours/values
- Demonstrates a cooperative spirit and contributes to a positive and supportive working environment.
- Is customer-focused and ensures the right outcome for our customer.
- Responds to requests on time and in the right way.
- Thinks in terms of solutions not problems.
- Takes initiative and offers assistance to team members.
- Has a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Accepts customer & colleague feedback and takes action to resolve issues.
- Understands the importance of achieving team goals and contributes/initiates solutions.
- Has a planned approach to work with a successful outcome.
- Looks for development opportunities outside the scope of their role.
What they can offer:
- £25,000- £28,000 per year depending on experience
- Wellbeing Incentives
- Free Car Park
- 5 weeks annual leave per year
- Company uniform (optional)
- Corporate Events
- Job Types: Full-time, Permanent 37.5 hours per week